Before I get started, I thought I'd chat a bit about 2015 since I was MIA from my blog for most of it. First off, we got married. Hooray! It turns out I LOVE being married. Sometimes I randomly wake up in the middle of the night and I can hear Andy lightly snoring and I get butterflies in my tummy. Before you start rolling your eyes at me, I should also mention that much like many people said, we've also spent parts of our first year of marriage fighting, learning to compromise, and reminding ourselves to be kinder. Being married is hard. It's a sacrifice. It's a big scary grownup thing that I still sometimes can't believe I'm doing. Aside from the big shakeup that getting married caused for me, I also stepped into a different role at my job. With this role came a way more stressed out, less pleasant, more exhausted version of myself. For the longest time, I would come home after my long day at work and just sleep for hours only to wake up late at night completely upset that I wasted my evening. Time with friends and family were tossed out the window, and getting creative and blogging were the last thing on my mind. Needless to say, I lacked balance in 2015. I've decided that for my own sanity, this year I cannot live that way. I think I let the "busy" excuse be my safety blanket for not making an effort to see friends, not working harder at being a better wife, and overall not really taking care of myself. Aside from these individual goals I have listed below, I want to focus on completion and accountability this year. Phew. That was a lot! Any who, 2016, let's go!
1. Have one date night a week. The honeymoon phase is no way over, but boy are we freaking busy. Again, the busy excuse, I hate it!
2. Pray over my husband as often as possible.
3. Be kinder, speak softer, and verbally thank my husband more often. I slowly started working on this in December and I've seen the huge difference it makes in our relationship and in Andy's attitude when I verbally thank him. Sometimes I just thank him for being my husband out of the blue and he gets the cutest grin on his face. I plan to make this a huge priority this year so I can be an uplifting, encouraging wife to him!
1. Go to yoga 3 times a week. I started doing hot yoga regularly in early December so Andy got me a membership for Christmas. I cannot tell you how awesome I feel after hot yoga. Literally a whole new me every time I leave a class!
2. Start making coffee at home. Pretty self explanatory. I need to stop giving Starbucks all my money.
3. Read the entire bible. This was a goal for me last year too and I didn't even come close to finishing. Do over this year! :)
4. Be more intentional with my friends. We have a lot of really incredible friends. Spending time with them, reminding them how much I appreciate them, praying over them, all of this is super important to me.
5. Send more snail mail/send out birthday cards.
1. Blog 3 times a week. This is a good, easily doable amount for me!
2. Be more present in the blog community. I've made some of my closest friends through blogging. This year I want to really actively work on being more present with other bloggers and getting to know them outside of just what they post online.
3. Stop letting how to bloggers tell me what to do. Sorry, how to bloggers. I love you, I really do...but I've let your words cripple my creativity. I think I spent more time reading blogs about blogging than I actually did blogging. Ha! I get it, a niche is important, but I also just really like blogging about where my husband and I hangout at, what crafts I'm making, and what cocktails I'm experimenting with. Those don't all go hand in hand, but it's what I love writing about, so I'm going to do it and flip my hair at the -pick a niche- motto. Whoops.
What are some of your goals for 2016? Let me know in the comments + know that I am seriously rooting for your success! This year is going to be magnificent for all of us, I know it! :)