Happy first day of October! My excitement level is seriously through the roof right now! This last chunk of the year always puts me in a giddy mood, and I am so excited that it's finally here. Let's get this party started, friends! *throws glitter everywhere*
Last month was a super weird month for me on Instagram. I was in a bit of a funk and was not digging what I was posting. Instagram is one of the biggest traffic drivers for me when it comes to social media platforms, so I do put a little more time and effort into it. Hopefully the funk passes soon. I feel myself slowly getting back in the groove of things! I did however experience 15 minutes of fame thanks to the beauty that is the PSL! I posted a photo of it the first day it was out and tagged Starbucks in it. They liked it from their account and suddenly that photo was on a ton of explore feeds! That cup now has 1,240+ likes, which is the most any photo on my account has been liked. Note to self-and to you-tag the brands you're photographing! It works wonders. You can find me over on Instagram right here: @jesslovesthislife
We went to the Grand Canyon last month! It was more beautiful than I had imagined it, and obviously I blogged about it! You can check out that post right here. Major heart eyes for the GC ;)
The moscow mule kick was real in September! This apple and mint mule brought in a ton of traffic and quickly climbed to my most popular posts section. Yay!
1. Work at a co-working space at least twice. Melyssa and I spent a day at a co-working spot today in LA and I was crazy productive working in a space that kept me both inspired and focused! I want to make it a routine to do it more often! Have you every been to a co-working studio?
2. Start a newsletter. Whaaaat?!?! It's true. It's time!
3. Drink more water. Guys, I've been feeling like death lately because I haven't been drinking enough water!
4. Stick to my brand. Ah Fall, the holder of all things pumpkin spice and everything nice. It's undeniable that this season is a favorite for many-myself included. But if we're being totally honest, Fall is killing my blog/Instagram game a bit these days. Don't get me wrong, ideally I'd want the Fall feeling to last all year, but I just spent for freaking ever trying to brand my blog! It's now full of the bright, happy colors that I love...that are definitely not present in the usual Fall palette. I think because I naturally gravitate towards these colors I can incorporate them into Fall projects. I just need a little faith in myself-and maybe some pixie dust.
5. Hustle. I'm working on a lot this month, so hustle is the best goal (and a fun word to say!).
Before I go, I wanted to tell you all about my awesome sister in law, Nicole! She's participating in the 24 Hour Tour de Cove later this month, which is hosted by the Challenged Athletes Foundation. CAF supports athletes with physical challenges by providing them with sports opportunities. Nicole will be cycling for 4.5 hours to help raise funds, but she needs our help! If you feel like giving back a bit, you can sponsor her right over here. Any little bit helps. If you donate, please let me know, I would love to personally thank you! :)
That's all for now! What are some of your goals for the new month? I'd love to hear them!