Over the weekend I was going through my calendar and writing down a few trips and plans we've made for the Fall. In my head I thought, "these are forever from now", but then I realized that we're somehow already 2 weeks into July, and Summer is slipping us by! I've mentioned it before, but I'm not a big fan of Summer. There's nothing wrong with it, besides the ridiculous heat which I don't actually mind most days...I just really freaking love Fall so much! I figured I should slow my roll just a bit before I start dreaming of all things pumpkin and warm cozy nights, so I've put together a list of things I really want to do before this season ends. Because really, to me Fall starts the second week of August, so Summer is going to be over in about 5 seconds!
Before Summer ends, I want to:
1. Take Duke to San Diego. We've been wanting to take him on a few trips with us, but he's not so great at sitting in the car patiently. We go to San Diego pretty often, so we figure taking him with us and getting him used to car rides that are longer than 20 minutes will prepare him for other trips we plan on taking him on later on.
2. Go the the farmers market and pick things out for an entire meal. Summer might not be my favorite, but the fruits and vegetables in season are seriously the best! I really want to make something with artichokes soon. Do you have any favorite recipes? (Psst: Duke goes to the farmers market)
3. Spend an entire day at Disneyland. This isn't groundbreaking around here since we live ten minutes away and go all the time, but we like to have a full blown tourist day every season. We get there when the park opens, go on every single ride, watch all the shows, and leave when they're closing. It's exhausting, especially since we usually only go for three hours at a time usually, but it's so fun!
4. Go on a beach hike. We have pretty great weather year round (thanks California, you rock!), but beach hikes are extra fun in the Summer since you get the reward of cold ocean water right after.
5. Go to a drive in theater. We've never been before so I'm determined to make that happen!
6. Use up an entire disposable camera. I love the surprises you find when you finally get them developed! I just saw a waterproof one at Target the other day, so I need to buy that asap so we can take fun photos at the beach.
7. Start Project Life. I've had this on my list of things I want to do for a while now. I feel like our first year of marriage is flying and all our photos are just sitting in my laptop, getting slowly forgotten. Really need to get on this!
What's on your to-do list before Summer ends? What fun things have you done this Summer already?? I'd love to hear about it!