Our blogs are our happy place. We come to them every day, in complete control of what we get to say and do on them. Our boss, husbands, boyfriends, friends, they've got nothing to do with our corner of the internet. It's 100% our place to be vulnerable, sad, happy, ridiculous, dramatic, creative, any and every emotion we choose to write about. As bloggers we spend hours thinking of content, taking photos, writing, and promoting our posts to the best of our abilities. Because our place on the internet is so near and dear to us, the thought of someone picking at our blogs makes us cringe. When I first started learning about blog consultations, I panicked at the thought of having one done on mine. You mean, I have to pay YOU so you can tell me everything I'm doing wrong on here? #nothanks. But when Ashten approached me with a free blog consultation, I decided to take the leap and do it. I'm still struggling trying to balance my blog and my personal life, every day I think about what direction this blog of mine is taking, and blog voice confused is my middle name, so I figured getting help from someone as fabulous as Ashten was completely necessary for me. Plus, I like free.
|Duke pictures today because I had nothing else to use and Duke is my favorite!|
So here's the very first thing I learned about blog consultations the minute I sat down to chat with her via Google Hangout: this is not someone criticizing your blog because they hate you, this is someone looking through your personal space with all the detail and care in the world, wanting to help you grow as much as possible. Ashten cares so much about what she is doing and is incredibly passionate and dedicated in having the best ideas to help you grow as a blogger.
Her insight on blogging is beautiful and refreshing. She really focuses on teaching you how to gain a genuine readership, which is something I suppose I hadn't put much thought into (blogging numbers can be tricky that way). She emphasized the importance of dedicated readers, not followers. HUGE difference. Genuine readers engage, interact, and they know who you are. I love that! I think we forget that a lot and she is an awesome reminder of the importance of being real in the blogging community. SO, now that I've gushed enough about how cool she is, here are a few reasons why you also need a blog consultation with Ashten:
1. Someone besides your mom will tell you how great your blog is. Ashten makes it a point to pick out the good in your blog. She was able to tell me where my strengths were, what I was doing right, and what I could do to continue making that happen.
2. Fresh, creative ideas get thrown around. I've been toying with the idea of an Etsy shop, and though it's something that won't happen for a while, Ashten gave me some awesome ideas for everything that I've been imagining and dreaming up in my head. Together we came up with a game plan for my blog, potential business, and so much more. Sometimes all we really need is someone who understands the blog world to hash things out with, you know?
3. She's got some serious connections. During our chat I mentioned to her that I was thinking of a new blog design. I showed her what I was aiming for, and immediately she gave me information on a blogger who does awesome designs for a great price. Her knowledge of bloggers around the internet actually blew my mind. Every question, doubt, or thought I had, she knew exactly what website or blogger I could look to for inspiration. She even helped me out with finding a wedding coordinator! Seriously, this girl has hookups everywhere.
4. She's invested in you and your growth as a blogger. During our hour long conversation, she was so willing to answer as much as she possibly could, but what makes her extra awesome as a consultant is that she'll help you out long after your hour long chat. She follows up, she's available for further questions, basically she's awesome!
5. It won't cost you an arm and a leg. This is what I love most about Ashten. She understands that bloggers are
sometimes on a budget, and because her main focus is helping bloggers grow, she doesn't charge an exorbitant amount of doll hairs for her services. Guys, $20 is all it takes to become her BFF and get the best blogging advice you could ever ask for. Yeah. TWENTY. Holy crap, am I right??
6. Warner. I mean, a cute dog and blogging advice? All you need. His big happy face sits on her bed a lot and you get to stare straight at his cuteness!
If you've ever considered having a blog consultation, or even if you haven't but are now interested in having one, I highly recommend Asthen! Check out her blog consultation details and price here!
Disclaimer: I received a complimentary blog consultation from Ashten. All thoughts and opinions are my own, she really does kick so much ass!