Happy Monday!I cannot believe it's already September. I swear, it feels like I was writing down my August goals about 30 seconds ago and now it's a whole new month. September is one of my favorite months because everything finally starts to feel like Fall and my heart is all kinds of happy!
August was a tad ridiculous for me. I was so busy with work, so caught up with so many things, and it was just one of those months where you feel like you can't really catch your breath, you know? Wedding planning really took a toll on me and I had about one million breakdowns. Our venue ended up being a huge flop and now we are on the hunt for a new place. Basically they told us a price, but when we went in for a walk through they mentioned a crazy price increase as a "by the way" and that super doesn't fly with these ballers on a budget. Like, at all. Did I mention we're six months away from getting married? YA. To say that I'm panicking is an understatement. I think one of the biggest reasons August was so stressful for me is because I didn't give myself time to just be. I barely blogged, I spent very little time creating and exercising my brain, I spent very little time just hanging out with Andrew and my family, etc, etc. I love being busy, but I also love some downtime to regroup and that's something I really need to focus on this month.
1. Wedding stuff, wedding stuff, wedding stuff. No. But lots of wedding panic tears were shed, does that count?
2. Purge a lot of my stuff. No. I fail.
3. Plan blog posts a week ahead. Totally no.
Have FUN! August wasn't ALL bad. I got to go to a baseball game, go camping for a night, attend a super fun Google party, and snug little Duke a lot!
September Goals/To-Do List:
1. Book a new venue, take our save the date photos, start a few DIY projects.
2. Simplify. So much I have to get rid of!
3. Spend an hour a day just blogging, replying to comments, visiting other blogs, etc. I get so distracted once I get on my computer. I always end up on random sites, Facebook, or just general internet derping. Such a time sucker.
4. Spend as much time as possible with Andrew, phone and computer free.
5. Read a book.
What do you have planned for September?
Linking up with: Melyssa for Weekly Wishes