Today's post is brought to you by U By Kotex. This post is part of the Save The Undies campaign, but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep this party going!I probably don't have to remind you of this, but I.Love.Fall. Like...I started celebrating all things Fall about 2 weeks ago even though it's consistently been 90 degrees here in SoCal. Fall is my absolute favorite time of year because it just feels like a crisp, fresh new start. Everything is so relaxed and festive, and the promise of the holiday season quickly approaching just puts me in the cheeriest mood! Andrew and I have [pretty cheesy] traditions every Fall that I'll be sharing throughout the season, but one of my favorite things to do with him is pack up our car and head to Oak Glen for apple picking! I suggested we do this the first year we were dating and I was pretty sure he was going to run off any minute in fear of my cheesy ways. Turns out, he likes the cheese, and that makes me like him even more. So, without fail, we pick the cutest apples every year and my heart warms up and I feel all the happiness! Oak Glen isn't too far of a drive for us, but as an overpacker by nature, I make sure I'm always prepared with anything and everything! Here are a few of my Fall road trip must haves...
1. A giant bag! This is a year round must have, really. I love, love, love giant bags. You can stuff so much in there and every time you just seem to pull something out that you totally forgot you even had.
2. Accessories. I dress pretty simple during the Fall. Leggings, light shirts and cardigans are my uniform all season. Because I'm working with such a blank canvas most of the time, I like to jazz things up with accessories in my favorite Fall hues. A big hat, oversized sunglasses, a pretty scarf and some boots are my go-to's. I own many variations of these items in different colors and they never, ever fail me!
3. A makeup bag. I always stuff mine with my makeup essentials, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, and if we're being honest...my phone charger and a bunch of other random things end up in there too. Woops.
4. Tech accessories. Okay, this is only slightly embarrassing (but mostly awesome)...I have a selfie stick. It's that pink weapon looking thing in the photo above. Before you judge me, I am not constantly photographing myself like a lunatic. I like the selfie stick so Andrew and I can take pictures and be able to get the entire background behind us instead of a shot of mostly our faces. It's super convenient! I also always have my phone on me. Always. Music, Tweeting, Instagramming, general internet derping, whatever. That little device is always with me and it's always doing something!
5. Feminine products. We're all friends here, so I won't sugar coat anything. My medicine throws my time of the month off like no other. I seriously never know when it's coming, and because I tend to have the best of luck, that sucker shows up during the most inconvenient times (read: a fun road trip). Always. Without fail. I had to learn the hard way to always carry some pads with me. Sigh. Mother nature, you fickle lady, you are not my favorite. I used to hate carrying pads around because I always had these giant, ugly, bulky, marshmallow looking ones and the chances of those falling out of my purse at the worst time was always pretty high. It always seems to happen, am I right? Lucky for us, U By Kotex has solved the problem of accidents and ugly marshmallows floating in-and falling out of-our purses.
These U by Kotex Ultra Thin pads with 3D Capture Core come equipped with a one of a kind center that locks away liquid to keep those annoying leaks in their place. Let's face it, nobody has time to worry about accidents and ruining their undies when they're out trying to enjoy Fall and all it's greatness. Not only are these awesome for keeping those leaks away, they're incredibly slim and discreet enough to carry around with you throughout the day. Plus, they're basically the cutest pads I've ever seen! Cute design, serious protection, and the promise of no ruined undies?? Gimme, gimme, gimme! But really, U By Kotex wants give you some! Request your own FREE sample here to make sure you're equipped for your next road trip!
What are some of your Fall road trip essentials?