Hey there, blogland! We meet again!
Things were a little quiet around here last week, check out this post for a little update if you wish! I'm feeling slightly better today, and I have really great news!! I'll be taken off ALL my medicine Thursday afternoon! Before we all start crying tears of glitter, it's actually only for 4 weeks, but boy am I freaking excited! I'll be wearing patches on my breast the entire time though, and I am the spitting image of a Victoria's Secret model when I wear them...not...but at this point, a few patches over a million pills a day is a wonderful and welcome change of pace. Woohoo!
After a crazy busy month, and a long week of feeling like I'd gotten hit by a bus, May couldn't get here any sooner. I'm so excited to get back into blogging this week because I have a ton of ideas! Let's set some goals first, shall we?
1. Give my blog a facelift. It's happening, it really is happening haha.
2. Take a wedding workshop and a cake decorating class. I was signed up for both and had to miss them because of work. Sigh.
3. Finish my blogger Skillshare class and start the calligraphy course. Um, no.
4. Sponsor more blogs. Negative.
6. Book our venue, plan our engagement party for May, and take our engagement photos. No. We're eloping instead.
Drink. More. Water. Yes!
8. Blog more recipes. Nooooo.
I'm the worst blogger/goal setter. I think I need to leave a spot in my weekly goals to check up on my monthly goals, because really I kind of just forget about them!
1. Give my blog a facelift, it's actually finally happening guys!
2. Book our venue, photographer, and caterer. We have had serious issues with every place we've looked at. Two different places told us a certain price, and when we went to sign a contract they told us completely different prices (read: over the top expensive all of a sudden, for no reason). We aren't Jay Z and Beyonce over here people. Tell us a price and have that be that because we super aren't going to give you a few extra thousand doll hairs just cause you say so. We also had a photographer, but after I told her I needed a written contract, she went MIA. I emailed her for 3 weeks straight asking her if she would still be working with us and I never got a response. Good luck trying to grow your business, slacker. Sorry, so much negativity coming out of me, this is why I want to elope.
3. Take our engagement photos at DISNEYLAND! Where else?? :)
4. Plan our engagement party. We're having it at the end of June but I have a lot of crafting ideas and I can't wait till June to start them!
5. Spend an entire week with Andrew celebrating our engagement. This should be at the top of my list, really. I've been really caught up with all this wedding stuff, and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. I've very seriously considered nixing the idea of a bigger wedding, but I know that's not what Andrew and I really want. I want to spend a few days not thinking about our wedding, and just enjoy this time in our lives. I mean, we'll never be engaged again. Our first week or so of being engaged was like a fairy tale. Hugs and smiles from everyone, so much excitement everywhere, I miss that. Realistically I know I won't get to experience that part again, but I do want to slow down and just be in the moment. We're planning on perhaps going on a little getaway and I am so excited!
6. Celebrate my medicine free month, and be thankful for it every day.
It's going to be a really wonderful month!
Thanks for stopping by, have a fantastic day!