There's no freaking way it's already APRIL tomorrow! AH!
Time is seriously flying!
First off, happy Monday, and happy last day of March! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend.
Southern California was a bit, shaky all weekend, if you will. We experienced our first big earthquake in quite some time on Friday night, with the epicenter located less than 10 miles from my home. Said earthquake was followed by 100+ aftershocks. And no, I'm not exaggerating that number, that's actually how many aftershocks there were. I didn't feel all of them, but about 10 minutes after the big earthquake on Friday night we experienced one larger aftershock, followed by a lot of smaller ones throughout the night. Duke and I were both pretty freaked out and barely slept, while king Andrew snored the night away without a care in the world. Saturday morning, there were about a million aftershocks, 2 of which came while I was in the shower. Now, if you know me in real life, you know that I am NOT the person you want around you in case of an emergency. I'm quick to get in a serious frenzy, and if something major were to happen, I'd try my best to save you but...I can't make any promises. I was totally panicked that we weren't ready in case another big earthquake happened. Obviously I decided I should pack a bag with a few of our belongings, you know for precaution. So, it's Saturday night, I'm packing a bag, and ANOTHER earthquake happens, this time with the epicenter 3 miles from my house, followed by 10, TEN, aftershocks. Guys, I was ready to fly off to another state by that point. If you're not located in this particular part of Orange County, chances are you only felt the one big earthquake Friday night and maybe 1 or 2 aftershocks. But the epicenter is just so ridiculously close to us, that we were feeling just about every single aftershock, and each one was a new wave of fear. We spent all of Sunday earthquake and aftershock free, and I really hope it stays that way because I am not emotionally ready for anything else this week. I checked my emergency bag this morning and realized I packed 1 pair of sweats, Duke's blanket, his leash, 4 of his toys and some treats for him. That's all. Forget about Andy, forget about food and water, Duke's got all he needs! Phew!
|Saturday's blogger event|
|Sunday's bridal expo|
Sorry, that ended up being a much longer weekend recap than I anticipated. High five to you if you've made it this far!
|Here's Duke, asking you to please keep reading this post...|
1. Take a cake decorating class. Um, no.
2. Give my blog a facelift. Negative.
Sponsor a few blogs. I officially paid for one sponsorship. That counts!
Throw another fabulous Bloggers Giving Back event! Check!
Ask our friends to be in our bridal party. I should tell you now that we are having a ridiculously large bridal party. 20 people (not including us) to be exact.
Make the final decision on our venue and ceremony space. More than halfway there with this one, we'll be booking our venue in the next 2 weeks!
Finish watching Breaking Bad. YES! SO GOOD! It's seriously such a genius show! I also made a "meth" cocktail to celebrate us finishing the series! Read all about that here.
Let things go. I'm a natural people pleaser, even when people aren't so pleasant towards me. There's truly a difference between being kind and letting people walk all over you, and I've finally differentiated between the two. GO ME.
10. Relax. Um, no.
Not so bad! April is already a crazy busy month for me, and it hasn't even officially started! So much wedding stuff, so much school stuff, so much blog stuff, so much FUN stuff!!
1. Give my blog a facelift. If I don't do it this month, please feel free to ban me from blogland. Seriously, this blog needs to get organized asap.
2. Take a wedding workshop and a cake decorating class. I am so excited for the wedding workshop, which I'm already signed up for. It's through a paper craft store, and I'll be learning how to DIY my save the dates, invitations, menus, programs, favors, etc. I've also actually signed up for a cake decorating class, finally!
3. Finish my blogger Skillshare class and start the calligraphy course. I'm not too in love with the blogging class currently, but I suppose I haven't really invested my time into it to really decide if I like or not. I'm determined to finish it though! I'm also determined to start and try to learn calligraphy, because I think it'd be fun to address our invitations that way.
4. Sponsor more blogs. I've got my eye on quite a few blogs so I've really just got to narrow it down.
5. Finish all my April guest posts by the end of this week (I guess this should really go on a weekly wishes post over a monthly goals post but whatevs). I'll be guest posting for a few bloggers this month and I am SO EXCITED!
6. Book our venue, plan our engagement party for May, and take our engagement photos. I'm too excited guys! Anyone want to take a guess as to where we're taking our engagement photos?? Hint: we really like going there, like a lot.
7. Drink. More. Water. My skin has been freaking out and I've been feeling really sluggish, probably because I drink way too much coffee and not enough water.
8. Blog more recipes. I've been experimenting a lot and for some reason it hasn't occurred to me to share anything on here. Talk about being the worst blogger.
What are your April goals? I'd love to hear all about them!PS, in case you missed it, I'm having a closet sale through the end of Thursday this week! Check it out here!
Have a fantastic Monday!